Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama!

Election night was amazing! I started watching cnn online at 4pm until I went to a viewing party around 7pm. My friend and her teenage daughter picked me up and we watched the results come in with a room packed full of Obama supporters. The party was organized by a theater troupe at their theater. What a great crowd. One minute I was getting nervous because McCain was gaining (a little) and the next Obama was President Elect!

This was a history making night. I've never experienced anything like it. We cheered in the theater but when we stepped outside we were greeted by pure joy, euphoria. The mood in Berkley was incredible! EVERYBODY was happy! Honking horns cheering, waving. There was so much releif and hope in the air. We drove around for a while joining in the celebrations then parked and walked a little. My adrenaline was keeping me going.

I'm thrilled that although this country is a mess right now, there is finally some hope.

No comments: