Monday, September 22, 2008

a crush

I broke my vow to not date. Last night I met someone that I'd been talking to a bit online. He's in town from L.A. for work and asked if I wanted to meet him. I had developed an online crush so decided to see if we liked each other in person. We met at a bar, I had 7up, he's charming, easy to talk with, attractive, we have plenty in common from what I know so far. The crush has held out. We talked easily for about 2 hours until he had to catch the train back to his friends. It's been a while since I've genuinely liked someone and felt a connection. The problem is that he lives in L.A. and neither of us want's to get into a long distance relationship. I felt sad when we parted last night and then today. I have to move on but knowing how rare it is to meet someone that I really connect with makes it difficult. We may stay in contact and become friends, but maybe not. 

No comments: