Thursday, August 21, 2008

baby signs and the gown


She's moving so much now I like it because then I know she's doing allright..... but it feels so strange and alien. I've gotten sharp pains in my lower right side for the last two days. I was a little worried, but they don't last very long and so far they've only come twice. I woke up at about 5am this morning, as has been the norm lately, and looked up the pains online. I found that it is most likely round ligaments stretching, so no worries. 

Today I will finish painting Verity's dresser so I can start to put her clothes away. My mom got her an absolutely stunning, beautiful dress. It looks like it's probably from the 40's. Neither one of us is practicing any religion. She was raised catholic, but left that behind when very young and lived the hippie lifestyle. The point is, the dress is a christening gown and I love it. She told me that it's tradition for a mother to give her daughter a christening gown for her daughter. What a lovely gesture. I guess we do follow some traditions. I had the dress laying across the top of her dresser so I could look at it daily, this morning I put it on a hanger very slowly and lovingly and hung it in the closet. I don't want to get paint on it. 

No comments: