Monday, August 25, 2008

to do list

i keep getting hit with panic thoughts of things i have to do.

sign up for a tour of the birth center.

ask A again if she will be "the one" who can drop everything and come to me when i go into labor.

go to birthing and baby care classes. i signed up, but the full medical STILL hasn't come through. the classes cost about $300.

make a birth plan.

research vaccinations. they scare me.

prepare music for the hospital while giving birth.

i have about 2 1/2 months still, but time has been slipping by so quickly and i don't feel prepared. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just barely feeling prepared myself! (I'm not entirely sure I will ever be 100% ready for The Wee to get here).

Just sat down and decided on the vaccine stuff. We read Bob Sears' The Vaccine Book- pretty good resource, if you are looking for one. He's pretty pro-vaccination though, just offers an alternate schedule (which is something). Email me if you want to discuss more (turtlebella [at] hotmail [dot] com...I tend to avoid vax discussions on HipMama cos they can get very contentious! Also, the vaccination forums at Motheringdotcommune (http://www.mothering.com/discussions/index.php) are a good resource.

About a month ago I woke up totally panicked that if I went into labor early I wasn't ready AT ALL. I decided that buying diapers (we are doing cloth), I would feel better! (you know, having input and output covered) ... and so that's what we did-- and I felt a lot better right away.

Rambling now...sorry! Nice blog!
~turtle from hipmama