Thursday, August 21, 2008

red wallet

I lost my wallet yesterday. On Tuesday and Wed I was on a temp assignment at a huge architectural firm. It was ok, pretty boring but easy and only for two days. I finished the project I was hired for before lunch yesterday and they were going to have me back to do some other work for the rest of the day. Went to lunch, ordered a sandwich, no wallet. Shaking I walked back to the office and told them I had to leave to cancel all of the cards I lost. I don't have credit cards but I do have a social security card, ID, debit card, food stamps card, medi-cal card....I was going through the hell the loss of all of these things would put me through and had a little breakdown. I didn't cry until I got on BART. I talked to the receptionist at the job, building security, BART people on both sides, bus driver. Nothing. My sunglasses were on, tears streaming all the way home. Less than a month ago my blackberry and $50. were stolen from the same bag, this had me wondering what was gong on. That maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong in my life. I walked in the door and collapsed sobbing, hysterical, crushed. I gave myself a few minutes before starting to cancel everything. I then frantically looked around the apartment and I hate to put this in writing, but my wallet was in my other bag. I had taken it out to transfer bags and I guess I was so out of it that I put it back. I got in bed exhausted at about 1pm and got up at 4. 

No comments: